How to Know If Invisalign Is Right for You
Who wouldn't love a perfectly straight, healthy smile? If that's one of your goals, Dr. Ashley Lloyd and her dental team in Raleigh, NC, can help with Invisalign clear aligners. Instead of wearing metal or ceramic braces, teen and adult Invisalign patients use a series of customized invisible appliances to move teeth into correct positions. At an individual consultation with Dr. Lloyd, you'll learn if Invisalign is right for you.
Addressing common orthodontic problems
Maybe you see one or more of them when you look in the mirror--gaps, crowding, tooth tipping or rotation, bite issues or orthodontic relapse. What's orthodontic relapse? it happens after braces are removed and teeth shift back to their previous positions.
Fortunately, your dentist in Raleigh, NC, can address these mild to moderate issues with the Invisalign system. Dr. Lloyd will examine your teeth carefully and take X-rays and a three-dimensional scan. Also, she'll ask you how you'd like your smile to change. This information helps her formulate a care plan and allows the Invisalign lab to fabricate the 18 to 30 pairs of aligners you'll wear during the course of your treatment.
Things you may not know about Invisalign
- The clear aligners fit tightly over top and bottom teeth. They are barely noticeable and non-irritating because they are made from thin, smooth, BPA-free plastic.
- Treatment with Invisalign appliances is significantly shorter than traditional braces--only 9 to 15 months on average. However, patients must wear their aligners the required 20 to 22 hours daily to progress on schedule.
- The aligners are removable for brushing, flossing, meals, snacks and special social or professional events.
- Your Invisalign plan will show you exactly how your teeth will look at each stage of treatment.
- Unlike treatment with metal, lingual or ceramic braces, progress checks with your Invisalign dentist are fast, easy and comfortable with no time-consuming or uncomfortable adjustments.
Who makes a great Invisalign patient?
It may be you! The American Association of Orthodontists says that one out of every five patients who wear braces or aligners such as Invisalign are adults.
Find out more about this inventive orthodontic system by contacting Dr. Ashley Lloyd and her office team at (919) 828-1001.